33821 / 80000 words. 42% done!
- 09:15:28: For all your Search Engine Optimisation tips’n’tricks, #followtuesday the marvellous @CaptainSEO #SEO (One for you maybe @nickyanderton?)
- 14:15:20: is progressful. Half and an hour down, and another two pages written… #progress #writing #MrTumnal
- 18:21:24: has seen everything now… http://t.co/gqiWkP0 #vegetable #orchestra
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com
I’ve always been skeptical, ever since its launch, of the iPad. That said it appears to be proving to be popular and so when the opportunity came to give one a roadtest, I decided to give it an open mind.
It is, a stylish device, extremely capable of doing what it does. But it does have limitations. In no particular order…
- It doesn’t play Flash, so many facebook games, BBC news videos are inaccessible (I know this is just a local difficulty that will be resolved, but still…
- The keyboard is poorly laid out. There are no cursors, or none that I could find, so you can’t easily go back and edit what you type without deleting and retyping
- Might be me, and I’m sure there are other alternatives, but I downloaded Tweetdeck to acccess twitter. It has an annoying habit of closing after it receives new tweets but before you can read them
- I tried accessing my webmail via two different routes, and both would allow me to see I had mail but not to actually read it. Weird?
- Gaming is good, the touch naigation and motion censors are impressive, but annoyingly addictive. A very good way to waste lots and lots of time
- There is no USB port or card reader for transferring photos/documents
esl comparison and contrast essay On a course I attended earlier this month there lots of people with iPads, but they also had their iPhones and their laptops (often the ultra slim MacBook Air) and this neatly sums up the usefulness of the device. It is handy, and the advantages of the larger screen is useful but all this can be achieved with a modern iPhone (or similar) and the latter can also make and receive calls(!!), whilst, after limited investigations, your web journey will invariably demand that you need to get onto the computer.
iq opt I would conclude that the iPad is brilliant at wasting time. Looks nice; feels nice; but still not sure of it’s purpose. It’s quite a cool thing and I wouldn’t say no to one as a gift but if I was buying I think I’d choose a zoom lens any day…
- 16:04:34: and Emma have been for a nice walk up and around Coombe Hill and Chequers. Even bumped into warden Jerry for the first time in ages. 🙂
- 18:35:49: Yay, Ed beat David to the Labour leadership. Now he just has to beat the other Dave at the earliest opportunity! #politics
- 18:37:22: RT @melliebuse: Well touching sibling scene but for me nothing beats the gay wedding in the rose garden.
- 19:01:30: RT @steven_moffat: Writing is TOO DIFFICULT.
- 12:36:27: will see the end of analogue TV in Oxfordshire from 14 September 2011… http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-11397114
- 15:33:42: Making XML Beautiful Again: Introducing Client-Side XSL http://24ways.org/200607
- 21:04:57: finds the iPad quite a cool thing and I wouldn’t say no to one as a gift but if I was buying I think I’d choose a zoom lens any day… #geek
- 21:13:43: wonders where the cursor buttons are on an iPad?
- 09:42:00: : delays of literary proportions! Andrew Marr books block Berkshire road after crash http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-11388534
- 10:06:30: : see why Autumn is the best season of them all! Why it’s going to be a bountiful autumn… http://bbc.in/d4PCh5 via @bbc_autumnwatch
- 14:27:37: RT @benrmatthews: If you’re using Twitter web, don’t mouseover any photos. Will hack your account and auto post a status…
- 15:28:53: BBC News – Wallace & Gromit on Royal Mail Christmas stamps http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11375402
- 23:15:22: thought that just being allowed out for a couple of hours each evening might have cured Bella. It seems not… :-/ #awolcats
- 23:20:24: has written more of Mr Tumnal, played some scrabble, watched another slice of West Wing, and been for a (enforced) pleasant moonlight stroll
- 08:59:06: finds it a distressing thought that the majority of freshers wandering around outside my office weren’t even born when I first went to uni!
- 11:23:45: would love to see bottle deposits make a comeback, but can they, unless we start standardising on design again? http://bit.ly/ckvMjY #reuse
- 11:23:59: RT @r4today: “If the Lib Dems had not gone into coalition the consequences for the party would have been worse” – Lord Ashdown http://bb …
- 12:29:04: has just seen crazy T-shirt man who caused interference on the cam from the Open Day vid. Late applicant I guess… http://bit.ly/b4u9zq
- 13:55:29: considers the tenses. First person or third person POV? What’s your tipple? http://cot.ag/9lSu7q via @Litopia
- 14:28:22: always knew that Google was a powerful beast. Didn’t realise they had the power to destroy whole towns… http://twitpic.com/2qb4rq
- 15:55:46: …and the vibrations start. Through the floor, the walls, the window, my desk… #workinginabuildingsite
- 18:47:00: RT @ndw: RT @timbray Romulan warbird decloaking: http://abstrusegoose.com/303
- 20:54:54: : It was a joke! The Paul Chambers Story. It’s no joke… http://gu.com/p/2jncg/tw via @JeremyJHardy
- 08:42:00: : There is no such thing as too many books. Just not enough bookcases via @ratsinabag @EbonyMcKenna
- 15:48:45: is pickling beans… #harvest2010
- 16:05:20: RT @ndw Very small margin for error http://yfrog.com/j1fxcj
- 20:09:47: : who’da thought that a bit of baked marrow and some pork mince could taste so darn good. Thank you Nigel Slater! omnomnom #gorgeousfood
- 20:11:49: : desk made out of books ~ what a splendid idea… http://su.pr/6UDCrY
- 21:46:57: wants to know why I’m so tired. My eyes are heavy> I think I need to go up to bedfordshire…
رسالة طلب توظيف Not, it should be said, my novel, but Louis’ life. The good things in his life are coming to a head and things are about to get more complicated for Mr Tumnal.
http://www.symstar.co.uk/?civka=cosa-si-nasconde-dietro-opzioni-binarie&d56=c2 cosa si nasconde dietro opzioni binarie 32676 / 80000 words. 41% done!
- 12:27:55: is sure that the questions on University Challenge are getting easier. Scored 10 last night, 4 of which in first 10 minutes! #unichallenge
- 14:31:44: looks inside world’s first hydrogen-powered production car http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11297410
- 14:33:58: loves that they need a meat cleaver to break off pieces! …the world’s largest chocolate bar is unveiled http://bbc.in/bwziQc
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com