Sep 23, 2010 0
A useful Photoshop technique for adding an aged effect onto type in Photoshop can be found here:
- Create your type as you normally would
- Rasterize the type
- Add noise, around 25%. Be sure the check the ‘Monochromatic’ checkbox.
- Adjust the Input Levels, bring the black level up to about 70
- Run a very slight Gaussian Blur on your type – like 1 or 2 px
- Run Smart Sharpen to remove the blur but keep some of the organic distressing / softening that occurs. Like 200% for the amount and about 15 for the radius.
- Adjust Levels again – bring black up to about 50 and white down to 69.
Or just download the Aged Text Effect Photoshop Action and never have to remember how to do it again.